Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Back in November

I finished up a quilt top and the backing for a modern quilt.  Finally, after a lot of delays due to this and that............the that being snowstorms!..........it is finished.
I put it on the long arm at Sewetc., one Saturday and after looking at threads and ditching the one I had from home, we got going on it.
Anne and I decided that King Tut 980 Riverbank
would be perfect on both the front and the back.

The day after I quilted this I took advantage of a snowfall and went out and took some photos.

 I bound it in the same white fabric as the right hand side and the narrow inner border on the left.
 The pantograph is called "U Turns" by Mike Fountain and is available at Intelligent Quilting


I love the crisp clean lines of this quilt.  The U Turns pantograph keeps the modern look.

Last Friday night my little friend Buddy decided to unwind a cone of thread.  I caught him in the act and took the thread away from him along with what he had in his mouth -- no easy feat.
On Saturday while our son and daughter-in-law were in for a visit, Buddy started coughing!  hard! and I thought -- good grief what a fur ball.  It wasn't, but we didn't know that until about 11:00 pm.
The next morning I packed him up and we went over to the vets.  They took him right away and later that day after x-rays and tests he went in for surgery.
He is now recovering in the hospital and the signs are really, really good.
Me?  I'm going out to get a well paying job to pay the vet's bill and I've hidden every spool, and cone of thread in this house!



Search This Blog