Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Finally......the name of this quilt is

I have no idea! I cannot for the life of me find a name for it. I think I'm going to go with Woven, because it sort of looks like it is.  Only if you stretch your imagination though.
It's an easy quilt to make, but it isn't "quilt in a day"!
It finishes about 45 x 63 so it's not a bad size lap quilt.  You only use three fabrics for this one.
This can be printed off and you can put in your own colours.  You only need three fabrics for this quilt, honestly don't try more, it won't work.  Trust me on this.

The blue fabric is 1 3/8 yard or 1.3 meters
The  brown fabric is 5/8 yard or .6 meters
The cream is 1 yard of .9 meters
The binding is 7/8 yard (which seems like a lot to me) or .8 meters.  I figured this out mentally and I believe you could do it with .5 meters.  If you do yardage buy a wee bit more than 1/2 yard.

The blocks are easy to construct.  The stripe block is simply 3 1/2 x 9 1/2" cuts, two of the same and one contrasting.  Make sure the contrasting block in the middle is the same as the centre square in the other block.  You will need 17 blocks.  Cut 34 cream and and 17 dark brown (or the colours of your choosing.)

 The other block is cut 2 -- 3 1/2" x 9 1/2" of the blue for the sides and the centre  is 3 -- 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" square sewn together.  You will need 2 of the blue and one of the brown for each block.
There are 18 blocks, therefore 36 strips and 36 squares of the blue and 18 squares of the brown.
I used the flannel wall to lay it out so I wouldn't mess it up
It doesn't take long to do.  I did all the strips by strip piecing them and when they were all sewn together then I pressed towards the dark side. 
I strip pieced the centre for the second block, pressed and then added the sides.

Tomorrow the backing and the quilting.

Remember
at the bottom of this page
in tiny yellow/green highlight
are the words
Printer Friendly
which means 
you can print off
this entire page.




Search This Blog