Tuesday, June 20, 2017

I believe in giving

I really do.  I may be a bit rough on the exterior, but the interior is soft as mush.  When it comes to children I don't think you can ever give enough.
I have friends that have lost grandchildren due to illness and disease.  Recently I read the most fabulous book on the market about a little boy that doesn't have a "perfect" face.  I highly recommend it to everyone and if you have a grandchild maybe you would like to read it with them.
In a review of the book I gave it 
*****
It deserved every one of them.

The other day I went over to Sewetc and put through two more quilts for the big Quilt Canada Quilting Bee for Ronald McDonald Houses across this great country.  I just quilt them.  That's all.  I didn't make the tops or select the backing.  I just stand there and let the machine do all the work.
I really like the colours in this block.  So bright and cheerful

and of course, seeing as it is our birthday, our leaf is there.

I used the same pantograph, Popcorn from Willow Leaf Studio.  
and then I did these two at home


 This pantograph is called Loose Threads.  No reason it was chosen, other than I liked it and wanted to give it a go.


 This is our exclusive pantograph.......Ginger Hearts and Flowers.
The Canadian Quilter's Association asked for 1000 quilts for Ronald McDonald Houses across Canada.
The final count on the last day of Quilt Canada
was
TWO THOUSAND 
SIX HUNDRED 
AND 
FOURTEEN
2,614
What amazing generous quilters we are
and don't forget there are more to be done.
Not all the quilts handed in were quilted so that will add to the count.
Amazing, just absolutely amazing!

Photos from The Canadian Quilters Association






Search This Blog