Thursday, September 21, 2017

and then she made up


a freebie pattern she got from Facebook.  I joined a row by row group because it is Christmas, but I doubt I will be able to keep up.  They post 4 or 5 a week and I can't get that many done.  I'm not superwoman although I would love to be.

I went over to Sewetc., in Burlington and picked out the fabric, came home, traced and fused.  The yellow screamed at me ..... "take me off, take me off"
so I did, sort of.  I just covered it over with a piece a tiny bit larger.
I went online and found Gossamer by Urban Elementz and figured it was perfect for this one.  I was going to use purple thread

but found a really nice black/white variegated in my box so opted for that instead of buying a new spool of thread.
Before I go any further, let me say, my old quilting buddy came for a visit and claimed this as soon as he saw it.  Lost another one!
and the back......

Because I lost the first one, I opted to make another for us.
I had problems with this one because I decided to use a green background instead of the orange.  I was trying to use from my stash!
 After another trip over to the store, I found a green that would work for the inner border and got it finished too.  

 I used the same pantograph and the same thread.  I did change the backing though.  I used a solid black
and I do love how the "web" shows up on this.
From the tip of each hat was supposed to be a spider.  A friend in Ohio suggested dangling earrings but Walmart in Canada didn't have their Hallowe'en stock out yet.  I tried the Dollar Tree, I tried Michaels.  
When all else fails, you improvise.  Our witches have little purple bottles that are hanging with some embroidery thread.  It works!


I just had an "afterthought".  If I took a large piece of black fabric and stitched out Gossamer on it and hung spiders all over it, would that just be "spooktacular"?













Search This Blog